We're an impartial political website with no political affiliation, which prides itself on standing out as an independent voice in a landscape where the norm is to nail your colours to the mast.
An opportunity has come up for a part time member of staff to join the editorial team.
Responsibilities include: Writing copy, diary planning, commissioning comment pieces, tracking social media trends, administrative tasks, acting as an ambassador for Politics.co.uk at events and occasional media appearances.
The job will be 20 hours a week on a flexible, shift based system. Pay will be competitive.
- An ability to attract traffic through SEO, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and others with vibrant coverage of the day's events.
- The ability to produce authoritative, concise, entertaining copy under severe time restraints
- An excellent grasp of social media, Google and the blogosphere.
- An authoritative understanding of British politics.
- A bursting contacts book.